2016 CSA Program is full. If you are interested in being on our waiting list, please email us at email@example.com.
What is a CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a partnership between you, a UW-Stout community member, and UW-Sprout. The CSA members pay for a season’s worth of produce and UW-Sprout delivers shares of fresh, local and seasonal produce each week.
Why Participate in UW-Sprout’s CSA?
We offer an easy way to connect the campus socially, economically and environmentally. With our first year under our belts, we are confident of the garden’s growing capability to thrive and produce amazing local produce grown without any chemicals. We hope you would consider embarking on the growing journey with us as we continue on into our 2nd year!
- 1/4 Bushel every week: Feeds about 1-2 people (only available to students)
- 1/2 Bushel every week: Feeds about 2-4 people
In the event of extreme weather, crops may be affected and shares may look a little scarce until crops recover. When you join a CSA, you take a risk with the farmer. We will be in open communication with you in event of drought or flooding, and will also be open to comments, questions, or concerns about your CSA shares.
How to Sign Up
Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know your preference of:
- Share size
- Pick-up or drop-off (and location)
- Your contact information (email and phone number)
- What you would like us to do with your share in the event you are unable to pick it up on a particular week
- Donations to another staff member at UW-Stout, Stepping Stones food pantry, a student volunteer or a local Church for their weekly meals
*We accept cash or check to secure your share.
When do Shares Start?
To be determined for the 2016 growing season.
This Season’s Produce
- Salad Greens: Spinach, Head Lettuce, Spring Mixes
- Green Onions
- Pepper: Bell & Jalapeno
- Musk Melon
- Green Beans
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Squash: Butternut & Spaghetti
- Herbs: Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Parsley, Cilantro, Oregano Dill
- Sugar Snap Peas